Grammy winner Pharrell Williams has officially signed on to the hit NBC reality competition series as a season 7 coach, NBC announced on Monday
The producer and singer-songwriter has appeared on the show before as Team Usher’s season 4 battle rounds mentor. But with the exit of Cee Lo Green, Pharrell will be a full-time coach, training his own team of hopefuls come fall.
The Voice’s official Twitter account posted several hints at the show’s new coach, sharing images of his skateboard, personalized Adidas, and even his now-famous Grammys hat.
HINT #4: We’ll tell you what, the #NewVoiceCoach is definitely not sad,” the handle teased, referencing Pharrell’s chart-topping hit “Happy.”
“Okay, we can OFFICIALLY say it! WE ARE SO #HAPPY to announce PHARRELL WILLIAMS = #NewVoiceCoach for SEASON 7,” the network tweeted along with a photo of the smiling artist.
Kevin McCall decides to link up with Ty Dolla $ign for his new single called Yo Chick. This will appear on Kevin upcoming mixtape titled A.D.H.D. dropping April 10th.
Flo-Rida makes his return with the release of his new dance record is called Photobomb.
We’re excited to announce the latest round of panelists and programming for the 9th annual ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO, which includes Grammy Award-winning songwriter, producer and artist Jermaine Dupri. The hip-hop impresario, known for founding record label So So Def Recordings and social networking community Global14, as well as collaborating with everyone from Jay Z to Mariah Carey, will lead a Master Session at this year’s conference. A full, detailed schedule will be released later this week, but you can check out some of the major programming highlights now below. And if you still haven’t registered, it’s not too late! Click here to register now and save money off the full registration pricing.
Just added panelists include:
The ASCAP EXPO programming will include:
Keynotes and Conversations
- Dr. Luke and Prescription Songs
- “We Create Music”
- Master Session with Jermaine Dupri
- Heart in Motion: Master Session with Amy Grant
- Master Session with John Beasley: Anatomy of a Music Career
- Master Session with Bear McCreary
- Radiant Voices: Master Session with Morten Lauridsen
- Artists Turned Film & TV Composers (Presented by Variety)
- The Alchemists: How Hit Producers Turn Music Into Gold
- From Billboard to Broadway: Hit Songwriters in Musical Theatre
- Video Game Music: The Music of Diablo
- Murphy’s Laws of Songwriting
- Desmond Child: Brought In For Questioning
- Live Multi-Genre Song Feedback Panel with Darrell Brown – Two Parts (Presented by The Recording Academy)
- Women Behind the Music
- Where No Music Supervisor Has Gone Before (Presented by the Guild of Music Supervisors)
- The Gospel Truth
- A View from the Top: Today’s Music Business, Tomorrow’s Opportunities
- How to Prepare for Your Big Break
- Making the Most of Your ASCAP Membership
- Road Dogs: Touring in the New Media Age
- Break Through and Build Your Career Online
- (Presented by the Creative Industries Division, State of Hawaii DBEDT and the Creative Lab at the Hawaii International Film Festival)
- Europe: Is The Phoenix Rising?
Business, Legal and Legislative Discussions
- Congressional Review of the Copyright Act: An Opportunity to Secure Equitable Treatment for Songwriters and Composers
- Nuts & Bolts of the Music Business with Don Passman, Esq.
- The Social Economy of Music: Distribution and Monetization (Presented by AdRev and CD Baby)
- Getting Creative: How Publishers and Writers Work Together
- Selling Your Musical Babies: What to Know Before You Sign a Publishing Deal (Presented by Lommen Abdo)
- Website Demolition Derby (Presented by Bandzoogle)
- Building Your Team
- The Writers Jam
- “I Create Music” Center Stage
- ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer and Rapper Showcase
- ASCAP EXPO Attendee Showcase
- Music Feedback sessions for Pop/Rock, Country, Film/TV Scoring and R&B/Hip-Hop
- Dozens of Sponsor Sessions consisting of workshops and product demos
- One-on-One and Lunch Roundtable Mentor Sessions
- Music equipment, resources and technology exhibits
- Networking opportunities
- And much more!
Note: We still have a couple of more exciting panelists/sessions to be added!
Alicia Keys links up Kendrick Lamar for her latest offering called Its On Again produced by Pharrell. This will appear on the soundtrack to the upcoming movie The Amazing Spider Man 2, dropping April 22nd. The movie will open in theaters on May 2nd.
Pitbull unleashes the official video for his brand new Wild Wild Love featuring G.R.L. This is available for purchase on iTunes.