The pack features two of their classic silhouettes, the Mountain Boot Trainer Hi and Low, both handmade with quality materials including genuine leather and nubuck. Limited to just 20 pairs worldwide, you can get your hands on them now from Feature LV.
Kanye West has formed a partnership with Adidas. Amidst swirling rumors, West stated on the Angie Martinez show on New York’s Hot 97 that he was cutting ties with Nike and launching a venture with Adidas.
“I took the adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family.”
“Whatever is official, non-official, official—what y’all gonna see is I’m gonna be the Tupac of product.”
“I’m gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that I’m gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart.”
Lady Gaga links up with R. Kelly for her performance at the 2013 American Music Awards of her latest single Do What U Want.
Download: Trae Tha Truth – I Am King
Hustle Gang own Trae Tha Truth releases his new mixtape I Am King. The mixtape comes with 20 tracks with features from Diddy, Young Jeezy, T.I., Lil Reese, Kevin Gates, Snoop Dogg, Meek Mill, Wiz Khalifa, Big K.R.I.T., B.O.B., Jadakiss, Yo Gotti and production by Beat Bully, Honorable C-Note, Dun Deal, Jahlil Beats, League Of Starz and more.
Written by Michael Blackmon
1. Mariah Carey is the only artist in history to have their first five singles consecutively reach the summit of the Billboard Hot 100.
“Vision of Love,” “Someday,” “Love Takes Time,” “I Don’t Wanna Cry,” and “Emotions” were the first five singles released by Carey in the early 90s.
2. Mariah has notched an impressive 18 number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 since her 1990 debut.
Only the Beatles have more number one hits than Carey.
3. Out of the 18 number one singles Mariah has scored thus far on the Hot 100, she’s written all but one.
“I’ll Be There,” originally performed by the Jackson Five, is the only song in Mimi’s catalog of number ones that she didn’t write herself.
4. Mariah Carey is the only artist to be honored with “Song of the Decade” twice.
“One Sweet Day” and “We Belong Together” were both named “Song of the Decade” by Billboard in the 90s and 00s, respectively.
5. Mariah Carey had a number one single every year of the 90s.
Talk about consistency. Mariah ruled the airwaves in the 90s. Her music was inescapable.
6. Mariah Carey is the first female to have a song debut at number one.
Mariah’s first hit to debut at number one was “Fantasy” from her 1995 album,Daydream.
7. Mariah is credited with popularizing the hip-pop genre of music.
Think about it. Before Carey and ODB teamed up for the “Fantasy” remix, were there any other artists doing pop and hip-hop collaborations? Mariah is a pioneer.
8. Mariah’s Merry Christmas is still the best-selling Christmas album by a female artist.
9. The now-classic “All I Want For Christmas Is You” was written entirely by Carey.
Most people think this song is a tune that Carey covered, but it isn’t. The diva wrote this Christmas classic at the tender age of 24.
10. Mariah Carey is the best-selling female artist of the Soundscan era.
Carey has a sold a total of 53 million records, only bested by The Beatles and Garth Brooks.
11. Mariah Carey restored credibility to the Best New Artist category at the 1991 Grammys.
The previous year this award was given to Milli Vanilli. Yeah, we all know what happened with that.
12. Mariah’s cover of Foreigner’s “I Want To Know What Love Is” is the longest-running number one single ever in Brazil.
It topped the charts for an astonishing 27 weeks. You can listen to the cover here
13. Mariah Carey has spent a total of 79 weeks at number one on the Hot 100.
Basically, Mariah rules Billboard.
14. Mariah is one a of a few of solo artists to have multiple Diamond-certified albums.
Mariah’s Daydream and Music Box albums are certified by the RIAA as having sold more than 10 million copies each.
15. In 1996, tickets for Mariah’s Daydream tour at the Tokyo Dome sold out in less than three hours.
Keep in mind that the dome seats more than 150,000 people. Mariah’s concert there is still one of the fastest-selling Japan’s history.
16. Mariah has duets with some of the best artists in the music industry.
This incredibly beautiful performance of “With You I’m Born Again” with John Legend is arguably one of Mariah’s best. The way she effortlessly transitions between highs and lows, full voice and whisper. It’s amazing.
17. Mariah blocked herself from gaining an additional number one single on the Billboard Hot 100.
In 2005, “Shake It Off” was blocked from becoming a number one single due to Mariah’s smash hit “We Belong Together.”
18. Mariah is credited with ushering in an entire generation of new pop vocalists.
That’s right. Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Kelly Clarkson, etc. can all thank Mariah Carey for their illustrious careers.
In conclusion, Mariah Carey is the undisputed Queen of Music.
ALSO CELEBRATING THE HOMIE @DJKASHATL BIRTHDAY